Thursday, September 27, 2012

Anything but a Card: Paper Pumpkins

 
I have been in a Fall sorta crafting mood and I decided to try to make these paper pumpkins once again.   I found myself on looking on pinterest, in old Stampin' Connection magazines, and in Better Homes and Garden when I came across instructions for a 2 in 1 paper pumpkin.   I hate directions without a video tutorial, so it took me several attempts to get my pumpkin (pictured above) to come out just right.    So, here's how I did it: 
Pumpkin 1 (outside) 10- 14 strips of Designer Series Paper from Stampin' Up!
size 1/2" x 8"
Pumpkin 2: 14 strips of dsp   1/2" x 7"
2 brads and a strip of green paper curled.
 
The 2 pumpkins are attached at the top and bottom.  I started with the inside pumpkin (black) and alternated the strips (so I wouldn't have to adjust them again) with the brad facing me (easier to put it together) then I repeated the process again with the out side pumpkin (orange).  Then, I curled a scrap piece for the stem and used the same brad holding all the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment